What is Breast Cancer?
Breast cancer is a disease in which cancer cells form in the tissues of the breast.
Breast Cancer Symptoms:
- Lump or mass in the breast
- Swelling of all or part of the breast
- Skin irritation
Facts about Breast Cancer:
- Breast cancer is the most common cancer in American women
- There are over 3.5 million survivors in the United States
- Men can also get breast cancer
- 1 in 8 women will develop breast cancer
- Most women don’t have a family history of breast cancer
Support for Women with Breast Cancer
Counseling in a group or one-on-one setting can improve mental well-being as it can help with:
- Managing feelings of sadness or anxiousness
- Not feeling as though you are going through treatment alone and reduce feelings of isolation
- Discuss fears about death and dying
- Improve communication skills with loved ones
If you or anyone you know are interested in counseling and live in the Chicagoland area, feel free to call Olive Branch Counseling Associates at (708) 633-8000 and talk to a professional.
Counseling and Support Groups for Metastatic Breast Cancer. (n.d.). Retrieved from